Skip to main content

PROJECT_INSPIRE SPEAKS WITH ABRAHAM OLOGUNDUDU








Tech savvy Abraham Ologundudu, is a 24-year-old Digital Leadership Coach. Like many successful people,Abraham had to answer the "Who am I" question. Finding the answer to this important question opened him up to a world of limitless possibilities and eight years after,his Seasoned Life Journal has reached over 50,000 readers with 520,000 views from across 37 countries in Africa, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.He is the convenor of the Leverage Conference,a nation-building event inspiring youths to greater heights and cofounder of SocialGoodLagos.
In this interview with Project_Inspire,Abraham Ologundudu tells a story you would love to read.

PROJECT_INSPIRE : Can we meet you? ABRAHAM: My name is Abraham Ologundudu, a 24-year-old global citizen from Ogun State. I am a Digital Strategist and Leadership Coach passionate about the global agenda for economic growth and social inclusion, and dedicated to promoting ethical and digital leadership for communities development.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE :Tell us about your childhood.
ABRAHAM: Well, I am not specifically sure of what to say about my childhood. First thing that comes to mind is, I grew up in a conservative home. My parents are devout Christians and minsters of the gospel of Jesus Christ. So I was brought up to be some sort of "Good Kid". Academics was important; respect and courtesy were daily instilled; my friends were chosen for me; play was regulated; morning prayers were compulsory. I could go and on.As the firstborn, from age 5 or thereabouts, I had to learn how to do a lot of chores; from housekeeping, to cooking, to errands, and so on. Like most kids, my childhood was really about me finding my voice and unique essence in this world.

PROJECT_INSPIRE :What’s your educational background like?
ABRAHAM: I have a Bachelor's degree in Physics Education from Lagos State University. My secondary school education was at Badagry Grammar School and Lagos State Model College, Igbobo, Ikorodu.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE : What contributions are you giving to make Nigeria a better place?
ABRAHAM: I currently have 3 expressions that help drive my mission to bridge the gaps in leadership and technology for sustainable development in Nigeria. For my day job, I am the Creative Director of Bramo Digi, an award-winning digital agency that seeks to help ​business and social ​leaders simplify digital media & technology for profit and social impact by offering creative marketing, design & brand innovative services. Based on my background in leveraging ICT development, I am the Co-founder/Executive Director of SocialGood Lagos. At SocialGood, we are dedicated to localizing the United Nations agenda by promoting new media & technology to achieve the sustainable development goals in Nigeria. I believe that positive transformation begins with personal leadership, so I also work as the Executive Director of The Leverage Africa; an emerging social enterprise dedicated to grooming principled, centred, transformational leaders in public and private sectors who will drive change and development revolutions while preserving and promoting the African heritage. In summary, let's say on the one hand that I am dedicated to raising principled, centered African leaders and on the other hand, I am helping to facilitate the use of technology to drive positive change in communities.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE : What motivated you to do what you are doing?
 ABRAHAM: I earlier spoke a little on my childhood. Let's just say that my motivation began from trying to fix myself as a young adult. Some months after graduating from secondary school in 2010, while searching for answers to some challenges I was facing as a teenager, it occurred to me that my peers were facing similiar problems. These challenges combined with my curiosity made me create a Facebook group to share the knowledge from my self- discovery. After growing to about 800 members, I discovered blogging, and evolved into teaching soft skills for leadership development of young adults. I founded Seasoned Life Journal where I use creative writing, peer mentoring, coaching and podcasts recording to develop positive self-image and personal leadership. In 5 years of using this medium, we have been able to reach over 50,000 readers with over 520,000 views from 37 countries across Africa, Europe, America, Asia and the Middle East; helping them get clarity, boldness, strategy and tools to impact their communities. Although, at first, I didn't know that what I was doing was "social impact", with the benefit of hindsight, I was using tech to bridge a knowledge gap. My interests have evolved over time, but this was my starting point.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE :Tell us more about what you are doing and how it will help our nation realize its full potential.
ABRAHAM: Let me continue from the story of Seasoned Life Journal. Having come to realize the power of using social media to affect lives positively, in 2015, I launched a project called Leverage Conference (a brainchild of Seasoned Life Journal). It is a nation-building event that brings together experts in leadership, business and technology, to inspire and teach young Nigerians community leadership and how to leverage technology to solve problems in their communities. In 4 years, we directly reached and trained over 800 youth across two tertiary institutions in Lagos and Ibadan. Many of our beneficiaries have started their own businesses, volunteering for organisations, and even running their own social-impact initiative. Interestingly, in January 2018, Seasoned Life Journal coalesced with Guild of African Patriots, another youth-led initiative to become The Leverage Africa, with the sole aim of maximizing the synergy to scale up impact. I spoke about The Leverage Africa earlier. You can learn more about us at: www.theleverageafrica.org . For my company, Bramo Digi, the focus is clear. We exist to connect ideas and messages that matter with the world.We are The Changemakers' Agency. We are focused on helping thought-leaders, community leaders, nonprofit organisations, educators, social enterprises, good causes, and CSR teams to amplify their growth and creative positive impact. In the last 2 years, we have strategically worked with over 35 brands from 4 West African countries, and trained over 200 leaders on digital leadership. You can learn more about our work at www.bramodigi.com . My most recent engagement is co-founding SocialGood Lagos. My team and I are localizing the agenda of the United Nations in Lagos through the Sustainable Development Goals. These goals offer a framework for countries to end poverty, save the planet and ensure peace and justice for all. Our work is simple. We are building community clusters of changemakers who will leverage technology to inspire and drive actions towards these goals. Everyone needs to be involved to make this happen. So we are currently bridging that gap through our Social Good Summit, Moms+SocialGood Community and Photography for SocialGood community. You can learn more about our work at www.socialgoodlagos.org

PROJECT_INSPIRE :What has been the challenges since you began your career?
ABRAHAM: It's actually impossible to begin to recount all my challenges since 2011. That's 8 years of self-development! However, I will pick on what I believe is most relevant. The most important challenge I have had to deal with so far is myself. I had to learn to grow and commit to growth, and to match up relevant skills with my passion. I have had to learn to be confident about my dreams and ability to succeed. I have had to learn over and over again to trust God through my process. Why all these? Because once you can figure this out, other challenges will be so easy to overcome.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE :Many young people have great ideas but finance is always a stumbling block. What's your take on this?
ABRAHAM: Who says finance is a stumbling block? Number 1, stop making lack of finance an excuse. No matter how great your idea is, there is always a smaller version you can implement. I started mine with a java phone and my less-than-$5 weekly stipend. You must learn to be resourceful with what you have. Number 2, you don't always have to start your own thing before you begin to make impact. What about volunteering or interning with an organization. That will give you a head start. Number 3, too many times, young people think of money as just paper they withdraw from ATMs. Once you understand that money is a representation of value, you will be liberated. You have something in your hands that is valuable. How are you maximizing it? Once again, who said finance is a stumbling block? Money is important in driving your dream. But it is never the determinant at the starting point.

PROJECT_INSPIRE :How is people's reaction, especially fellow young people, when they see you doing what you do?
ABRAHAM: Most people find it hard to believe that at my age I have done quite a number of impressive things.Interestingly, the older folks are the most surprised. More often, they wish they had my kind of experience when they were my age.On the flip side, I have also had to deal with opposing views from people who think I am doing too much and trying to act like I am "too special".

  PROJECT_INSPIRE :How have you always responded to them?
ABRAHAM: I am open to support and guide those who are willing to learn. In all, I have learnt to focus on my journey. People's reactions can always change and it's dangerous to build your life on what people think of you.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE :What do you think has been the major cause of unemployment among youth today and how can we get this off?
 ABRAHAM: I don't want to dwell too much on this. Apparently, one of our major challenges is the education system. Relevant skills needed to make youth thrive in the marketplace are missing in our school curriculums. How to fix this? While we are still at ensuring the government invest more in education development, let every young Nigerian take their success into their own hands. Stop wasting precious time on the internet and get into the University of Youtube, Udemy, Khan Academy, et al, and begin to teach yourself relevant skills to thrive in the 21st century.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE :What would you say is the major role of youth in our national development process?
ABRAHAM: Youth can be likened to the engine of a nation. From ideation to implementation of the solutions, we hold the key to unlocking many doors in the development process. Based on current realities, my first call to the youth is to see themselves as major players in creating positive change. Secondly, developing capacity is quite important. Hence, the need for young people to equip themselves with skills that will position them as experts prepared to solve different prevailing problems in the country. From governance, to business, to civic leadership; patriotism and the vision for shared prosperity and common good of all should be the very lenses for young people to view the nation.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE : Final words to the Nigerian youth.
ABRAHAM: Stop wishing and hoping, start thinking and acting. The world is counting on you to LEAD YOUR LIFE! Ultimately, you will discover that there's a greater sense of purpose and essence you enjoy when you begin to serve humanity with your gifts!

 PROJECT_INSPIRE :Thank you for sharing your story with us and we do hope that many will be inspired as they read.

ABRAHAM: It's my pleasure!


  Many thanks to our editor: Pookers Literary and Editing World. www.pookersconsult.com +234 703 009 4966

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project-Inspire Interview With Mary Essien

There are thousands of low-income families living in rural areas and slums in the midst of our nation’s economic realities; one can only wonder how such families manage to survive, care for basic needs before thinking about education and pursuing dreams. An active Nigerian youth,Mary Essien, envisioned these difficulties and is taking action to solve them through interventions. In this interview with Project-Inspire, she shares about her work and the progress made so far. PROJECT_INSPIRE : Can we meet you? Mary : My name is Mary Fidelis Essien, an indigene of Akwa-Ibom State.I am 26-years-old, a Private Home Tutor, NGO Leader and entrepreneur.I am the Creative Director at Pearls Perfumerie, a brand that deals with perfume oils and body mist. I also head Mayree's Nuts a brand supplying freshly roasted groundnuts. To cap it all, I am the Executive Director of The Heartmenders Foundation; a non-profit organization that caters for the need of the less privileged, youths, nursing mother

Project Inspire Africa With Gift Siagumpa

With the leadership deficit in Africa,Gift Siagumpa has refused to sit on the sidelines and complain. He started the Master-Mind Leadership Foundation to help raise the next generation of Zambian leaders. In this interview with Project Inspire Africa, Gift shares the joy and struggles in his journey. Can we meet you? My name is Gift Siagumpa, aged 34, Zambian and I enjoy writing, networking in the quest to learn more from others and providing solutions to societal problems. Tell us briefly your childhood experience. As a child , I was privileged to be provided with the basics of life including a good education from one of the best schools in my time. I was also privileged to have parents who were involved in my life. My father was very intentional about parenting. He used to schedule coaching sessions with me and lived out what he taught. He is my biggest inspiration. What’s your educational background?  I began my education journey at Maamba Private School, that is, from Pre-school

PROJECT INSPIRE AFRICA SPEAKS WITH UBALDA MENSAH

From empowering young girls with vocational skills to improving the standard of schools in ghana, Ubalda Mensah is on a mission to empower the next generation of girls to take responsibility for their lives and contribute to nation building. In this interview with project Inspire Africa,Ubalda shares her story. Can we meet you? My name is Ubalda Mensah, 22-years-old citizen of Ghana and I love to travel   Tell us briefly your childhood experience. Growing up, I did not have the opportunity to get things on a silver platter. This in a way put some form of pressure on me to strive to be excellent in all I do. There was no room to fool around although I had the freedom to. My parents prioritized education and did their best to give me a solid foundation academically.   What’s your educational background? I began my academic journey at H&E Educational Centre before moving on to Aggrey Memorial A.M.E Zion Senior High School. I am currently an undergraduate at the Un