Skip to main content

PROJECT_INSPIRE CHAT WITH ESTHER NWACHUKWU



Inspired by a loving and never-give up mother, Esther Nwachukwu grew up knowing that it is possible for women to become the best they are created to be. Her desire to see more women give their best just as her mother inspired her to begin Possibilities of Soaring High (POSH) Ladies Academy. Today, through her academy, s
he teaches women how to identify their gifts, build self-confidence and fulfil their dreams. Esther Nwachukwu is PROJECT_INSPIRE's guest for the month of April. In the conversation below, Esther shares more about herself and the work she is doing .


 PROJECT_INSPIRE: Can we meet you?
ESTHER: My name is Esther Nwachukwu. I’m from Enugu State. I'm a Physiotherapist by profession, the Convener of Possibilities of Soaring High (POSH) Ladies Academy and an Entrepreneur. I love God and I’m passionate to see lives transform through teachings.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE: Give us a summary of your childhood.
ESTHER: Growing up was an experience that prepared me for where I am now, and the future. I grew up under the care of my mother because my dad passed on when I was younger. My mother was really strict and loving at the same time. The discipline she instilled moulded me for greatness. I also learnt a lot from my older siblings who were of good conduct. We were not rich but we had what we needed through God's provision. This taught me prudence and contentment.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE: Tell us about your educational background?
ESTHER: I had my primary and secondary school education at Bishop Otubelu Jubilee School and Federal Government College, Enugu, respectively. I was always at the top of my class. When I wrote my first UTME to study medicine and surgery, it turned out to be unsuccessful. On second attempt, I changed my mind and applied for physiotherapy and was successful. Today, I’m a physiotherapist.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE: As someone who is passionate about transforming lives, what step(s) have you taken to actualise your passion?
ESTHER: Growing up, I discovered that women weren't living out their best mainly because many were complacent and others couldn't break away from social barriers. As time went on, I resolved within myself to cause a change. My intention was and still is to help women discover who they are and live intentionally. In 2016 the Possibilities of Soaring High (POSH) Ladies Academy was formed. At its early stage, I was holding personal development session on Facebook monthly. As the academy online presence grew, we began to hold conferences in physical locations.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE: How do you get people to be part of what you do?
ESTHER: I am receptive to awesome people. I engage in open communication; sharing my ideas honestly and passionately. Many respond to this honesty by joining the academy.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE: What impact has POSH Ladies Academy made since inception?
 ESTHER: At POSH, we recognize that the way a woman thinks of herself affects everything she does, that's why we invest time helping our members develop the right mental image of themselves. This has produced more self-confident ladies in POSH who know who they are and what to do to make the most of life. Also, POSH believes in excellence and this has translated into academic excellence in the lives of its members. We've had members who graduated with first-class honours from university and others are doing great in their businesses.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE: What challenges have you faced so far?
ESTHER: One of the biggest challenges I was faced with was the issue of acceptance. Some people didn't believe in what I was doing and wrote it off as another feminist movement even though we are not one.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE: What do you think has been the major cause of unemployment among the youth today and how can we get out of this?
ESTHER: At the heart of the problems we are experiencing in our nation are corruption and poor leadership. However, even in the face of a failed system, the youth must brace themselves to the challenge of creating a future for themselves.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE: What are the prospects of POSH in five to ten years?
ESTHER: We envision that in the next 5 years, POSH will have inspired thousands of women to live out their dreams; empowered them with necessary leadership skills for global impact. We are working towards having physical presence in at least three regions of the country for more impact.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE: What are your final words?
ESTHER: None of us should be complacent. We can all create lasting impact if we start from where we are now.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE: Thank you for sharing your story with us and we do hope that many are inspired as they read.
 ESTHER: Thank you for having me.




  Many thanks to our editor: Pookers Literary and Editing World. www.pookersconsult.com.ng +234 703 009 4966 .



FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM @BUSAOSOWO FOUNDATION 

Comments

  1. Weldone EstyPOSH... Keep inspiring people. Am glad our path crossed.

    May GOD reward and strengthen you more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one..
    We are proud of you dear
    Keep living your dream

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your spirit!!! This is beautiful and a sure step in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project-Inspire Interview With Mary Essien

There are thousands of low-income families living in rural areas and slums in the midst of our nation’s economic realities; one can only wonder how such families manage to survive, care for basic needs before thinking about education and pursuing dreams. An active Nigerian youth,Mary Essien, envisioned these difficulties and is taking action to solve them through interventions. In this interview with Project-Inspire, she shares about her work and the progress made so far. PROJECT_INSPIRE : Can we meet you? Mary : My name is Mary Fidelis Essien, an indigene of Akwa-Ibom State.I am 26-years-old, a Private Home Tutor, NGO Leader and entrepreneur.I am the Creative Director at Pearls Perfumerie, a brand that deals with perfume oils and body mist. I also head Mayree's Nuts a brand supplying freshly roasted groundnuts. To cap it all, I am the Executive Director of The Heartmenders Foundation; a non-profit organization that caters for the need of the less privileged, youths, nursing mother

Project Inspire Africa With Gift Siagumpa

With the leadership deficit in Africa,Gift Siagumpa has refused to sit on the sidelines and complain. He started the Master-Mind Leadership Foundation to help raise the next generation of Zambian leaders. In this interview with Project Inspire Africa, Gift shares the joy and struggles in his journey. Can we meet you? My name is Gift Siagumpa, aged 34, Zambian and I enjoy writing, networking in the quest to learn more from others and providing solutions to societal problems. Tell us briefly your childhood experience. As a child , I was privileged to be provided with the basics of life including a good education from one of the best schools in my time. I was also privileged to have parents who were involved in my life. My father was very intentional about parenting. He used to schedule coaching sessions with me and lived out what he taught. He is my biggest inspiration. What’s your educational background?  I began my education journey at Maamba Private School, that is, from Pre-school

PROJECT INSPIRE AFRICA SPEAKS WITH UBALDA MENSAH

From empowering young girls with vocational skills to improving the standard of schools in ghana, Ubalda Mensah is on a mission to empower the next generation of girls to take responsibility for their lives and contribute to nation building. In this interview with project Inspire Africa,Ubalda shares her story. Can we meet you? My name is Ubalda Mensah, 22-years-old citizen of Ghana and I love to travel   Tell us briefly your childhood experience. Growing up, I did not have the opportunity to get things on a silver platter. This in a way put some form of pressure on me to strive to be excellent in all I do. There was no room to fool around although I had the freedom to. My parents prioritized education and did their best to give me a solid foundation academically.   What’s your educational background? I began my academic journey at H&E Educational Centre before moving on to Aggrey Memorial A.M.E Zion Senior High School. I am currently an undergraduate at the Un