Skip to main content

PROJECT_INSPIRE Interview With Ogundowole Moyinoluwa

Driven by a passion to make the world a better place, Ogundowole Moyinoluwa established Goldheart Foundation, whose vision is to create a loving environment where teenagers can discover their purpose and explore their potential while becoming influencers of positive social change. Moyinoluwa is a teen-coach who paints her world without borders with beautiful smiles. Project_Inspire is delighted to introduce Ogundowole Moyinoluwa as our guest for the month of August.




  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Can we meet you? Moyinoluwa: My name is Ogundowole Moyinoluwa. I'm a graduate of Geography and Environmental Management from the premier university of education, Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State. I'm 25 years old, from a family of seven and the fifth child. Im an indigene of Owo in Ondo State. Im a certified, passionate teacher, teen-coach and a community development devotee. I'm passionate about the growth and development of teenagers, orphans and vulnerable children.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Briefly tell us your childhood experience?
Moyinoluwa: My childhood was a lonely and bookish one. The only thing I can remember is fighting for my friends because I hated injustice and still do. Growing up amidst six girls also instilled in me a sense of responsibility. All that my parents were interested in was education—from school to lesson (even during holidays) and back to the home for personal coaching with my parents who were educationalist. I didn't play much like other children did.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What's your educational background like?
Moyinoluwa: One of the best things my parents gave me was quality education. I attended Greater Tomorrow Nursery and Primary School, Ikare Akoko, Ondo State, the best primary school in my locality (now one of the best elementary schools in Nigeria). I proceeded to junior secondary school in the same institution before leaving for Federal Science and Technical College, Ikare-Akoko, Ondo State in 2008. I gained admission to Tai Solarin University of Education in 2012 where I was awarded BSc(Ed) (Hons) in Geography and Environmental Management in 2016. In 2017, I was a youth corps member serving my fatherland in Offa, Kwara State. For me, getting a degree was really a dream come true, but its also my belief that there is no end to learning. It's the reason I constantly seek more knowledge in areas of interest.


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: How're you contributing to national development?
Moyinoluwa: I’m a staunch believer in giving back to the community and the world at large. I desire to improve the lives of people I come across daily by any means possible. Because I believe that responsible teenagers will become responsible adults in future, I empower teens both in hard and soft skills through my nonprofit organisation—Goldheart Foundation. At Goldheart, we embark on secondary schools outreaches and orphanage visitations. I love volunteering and this fuelled the desire to begin Goldheart. At Goldheart, we're working towards achieving goals 2,3,4,5 and 17 of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What inspired Goldheart Foundation?
Moyinoluwa: I discovered in the course of studying the Bible that God is compassionate about the poor and the orphan. Jesus also demonstrated how much He loves children by always reaching out to them. Following in His footsteps brings me untold joy. I believe I was destined to do what I'm doing now. As I use my gifts properly, I’m lighting my world. By reaching out now to younger people, I'm doing my part to ensure that the future for our nation is better than what it is today.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Give us more details about the work you do through Goldheart and its achievements.
Moyinoluwa: Goldheart Foundation is a platform that helps teenagers to discover purpose and deploy their potential. In our secondary schools outreaches, we have counselling sessions where we communicate openly and sincerely. Through these sessions, we are able to understand the peculiar challenges of those we are reaching out to. We don't only listen, we also give them the opportunity to learn how to solve problems by themselves. We are intentionally building godly teenagers who can influence society positively. When we reach out to orphans, we do it with the understanding that they too deserve the best life can offer. We don't just meet their physical needs, we attend to their mental, emotional and social needs as well. As love is spread abroad, we will have less and less of a broken society.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Can you share with us your challenges so far?
Moyinoluwa: The major challenge has been raising funds. Because Goldheart is a nongovernmental organisation, people tend to speak well of what you’re doing but are not readily inclined to commit themselves financially. Due to this challenge, there is limit to the air of humanity we can spread abroad. For instance, our Project Resurgence of our Society's Teenagers has been running for some years now; we have only been able to reach about 12 schools in 3 states effectively, excluding revisited schools. But I must say that it hasn't been easy at all. With adequate funding, we can do much more. Sometimes, our efforts to reach out to teenagers are frustrated by the bureaucratic processes of government agencies.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Do you enjoy the support of fellow young people?
Moyinoluwa: Yes, I do. Those who are positive-minded usually ask what they can do to be part of what I'm doing. The naysayers rather jeer at me: 'You're just wasting your time and resources on these ones [the youth], they will never change. Enjoy life with your resources'. I'm never discouraged because my native aphorism clears it all up, Emi lo ni pasan mi, meaning, I own my passion. I believe and will continue to believe that every teenager has been specifically prepared to do something positive in this world. This is the reason I'm committed to helping them find that good thing and do it.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: In your opinion, what has been the major cause of unemployment in Nigeria and whats the way out?
Moyinoluwa: Apart from lack of quality education, I think some of our youth are not ready to take up responsibility for their own lives. Ignorance is one major catalyst. That's why Goldheart Foundation is going to schools to educate the teens on what the school don't teach. Education without self-development results in unemployment and underemployment. We can get out of this by encouraging the youth to add more value to themselves. I recommend that our curriculum be reviewed to include innovative and entrepreneurial courses alongside leadership development. There is so much we can learn from using the internet to our benefit. With these, our students will be equipped with skills needed to navigate the wider world.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Your final words to our readers.
Moyinoluwa: To my zealous and creative Nigerian youth: The sky is not your limit; take responsibility completely for your life, don't complain, criticize, or make excuses, and stop blaming other people for things in your life that you're not happy with. Please take responsibility! Let's keep on pressing in our niches and not be distracted. We should make use of the available resources before pressing further. Brain Tracy wrote, ‘Learn anything you need to learn in order to accomplish any goal you set for yourself.’

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Thank you Moyinoluwa for sharing your story with us. We hope many will be inspired into action as they read about you.
Moyinoluwa: Thank you for the opportunity.






  Many thanks to our editor: Pookers Literary & Editing World. www.pookersconsult.com.ng 
+234 703 009 4966




 Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @BUSAOSOWO FOUNDATION.
 Email: bofinitiatives@gmail.com WhatsApp:+2349038632847

Comments

  1. You are great.. Keep on keeping on

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very good one @Gold heart Foundation.

    Education without self-development results in unemployment and underemployment. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

    That's thoughtful. 👍

    You are going places keep to heart every good things shared here it shall surely come to pass. Helpers will come.

    I am inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you forever..you can't get wrong,you are on the right track dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moyinoluwa Gold, you have started well,Grace to cover more land I pray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your final words to the readers are worth more than gold. More heights Ogundowole Moyinoluwa.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project-Inspire Interview With Mary Essien

There are thousands of low-income families living in rural areas and slums in the midst of our nation’s economic realities; one can only wonder how such families manage to survive, care for basic needs before thinking about education and pursuing dreams. An active Nigerian youth,Mary Essien, envisioned these difficulties and is taking action to solve them through interventions. In this interview with Project-Inspire, she shares about her work and the progress made so far. PROJECT_INSPIRE : Can we meet you? Mary : My name is Mary Fidelis Essien, an indigene of Akwa-Ibom State.I am 26-years-old, a Private Home Tutor, NGO Leader and entrepreneur.I am the Creative Director at Pearls Perfumerie, a brand that deals with perfume oils and body mist. I also head Mayree's Nuts a brand supplying freshly roasted groundnuts. To cap it all, I am the Executive Director of The Heartmenders Foundation; a non-profit organization that caters for the need of the less privileged, youths, nursing mother

Project Inspire Africa With Gift Siagumpa

With the leadership deficit in Africa,Gift Siagumpa has refused to sit on the sidelines and complain. He started the Master-Mind Leadership Foundation to help raise the next generation of Zambian leaders. In this interview with Project Inspire Africa, Gift shares the joy and struggles in his journey. Can we meet you? My name is Gift Siagumpa, aged 34, Zambian and I enjoy writing, networking in the quest to learn more from others and providing solutions to societal problems. Tell us briefly your childhood experience. As a child , I was privileged to be provided with the basics of life including a good education from one of the best schools in my time. I was also privileged to have parents who were involved in my life. My father was very intentional about parenting. He used to schedule coaching sessions with me and lived out what he taught. He is my biggest inspiration. What’s your educational background?  I began my education journey at Maamba Private School, that is, from Pre-school

PROJECT INSPIRE AFRICA SPEAKS WITH UBALDA MENSAH

From empowering young girls with vocational skills to improving the standard of schools in ghana, Ubalda Mensah is on a mission to empower the next generation of girls to take responsibility for their lives and contribute to nation building. In this interview with project Inspire Africa,Ubalda shares her story. Can we meet you? My name is Ubalda Mensah, 22-years-old citizen of Ghana and I love to travel   Tell us briefly your childhood experience. Growing up, I did not have the opportunity to get things on a silver platter. This in a way put some form of pressure on me to strive to be excellent in all I do. There was no room to fool around although I had the freedom to. My parents prioritized education and did their best to give me a solid foundation academically.   What’s your educational background? I began my academic journey at H&E Educational Centre before moving on to Aggrey Memorial A.M.E Zion Senior High School. I am currently an undergraduate at the Un