Skip to main content

PROJECT_INSPIRE CHAT WITH AMARACHI PEACE NWOKENKWO




24-year-Old Teens Coach, Amarachi Peace Nwokenkwo is the Founder/CEO of Priceless Teens, a nonprofit organization that focuses on youth development and empowerment. Her goal is to provide guidance and mentorship for teenagers to enable them make informed life choices which will in turn benefit the larger society. In this month's edition of Project_Inspire, Amarachi bares it all out on her childhood, Priceless Teens, Priceless Conferences; their impacts and lots more. Heres an excerpt:

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: May we meet you? Amarachi: Amarachi Peace Nwokenkwo is my name. I am 24 years old and I hail from Imo State, Nigeria.

 PROJECT_INSPIRE: Tell us about your childhood
Amarachi: : I was that child who knew on time that she is the first child with so many domestic chores and responsibilities to handle. This however didn't rob me of my childhood. I cooked with sand in discarded tomato tins, I played in the rain without my clothes, and received a lot of brain resetting from my parents(smiles).

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Tell us about your educational background
  Amarachi: I attended Austac Primary School and Itolo Girls Secondary School all in Lagos State. I was always among the best three students in class, then I surprisingly dropped to 6th position for reasons I don't know. And then in JSS 3 I bounced back by coming first in class. This was really a milestone for me. After two failed attempts in UTME examination, I finally got admission to study Health Education at the University of Nigeria Nsukka.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: How are you contributing to make Nigeria a better place?
  Amarachi: : Certain experiences didn't make my teenage life a very ‘pleasant’ one. Although I wasn't sexually abused, I escaped rape twice. This was possible, firstly because of God's grace and the fact that I was informed very early. I knew when someone was making the wrong moves and what to do in such circumstances. Having realized how vital it is to be informed, I developed a passion to share same knowledge with young people. I began to volunteer in advocacy programs and hosted some myself. Later, a friend by name Ezeigwe Juliet Chioma gave me a brand name (My child My Hero) which I ran with for a year. I officially registered my nonprofit organization in 2019 as PRICELESS TEENS. Priceless Teens is committed to youth empowerment. Our focus is to ensure that young people everywhere are directed towards purposeful living.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What achievements have you recorded overtime?
  Amarachi:In line with the objectives of PRICELESS TEENS, we have hosted PRICELESS conferences consistently for two years in Sokoto and Lagos states respectively. My biggest achievement has been the positive feedbacks I have received from the participants of PRICELESS conferences. Shortly after this year's conference, a teenager rushed to me, greeted me and sincerely thanked me for hosting that program, the student had been one of the attendees at the conference, that alone is an achievement for me. I have received two awards in recognition of the work I am doing through PRICELESS.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What motivated you to do what you are doing?
Amarachi: Not being comfortable with where I am today motivates me, having understood and tasted what it looks like to be poor motivates me, seeing the other side of good things motivates me, watching a lot of teens die through teenage pregnancies motivates me, having seen teens drop out of school when I was a teenager motivates me, if what I know now can get to a teenager many of them won't start life at 25.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Tell us more about what you are doing and how it will help our nation realize its full potential?
Amarachi: The Vision of PRICELESS Teens is to raise a generation of purposeful teenagers who will dare to be different. We believe that if teenagers channel their energy and creativity in the right areas we will have a society with lesser crimes.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Can you highlight some of the challenges you have faced since you undertook this project?
  Amarachi :Explaining my vision the way it is on my mind was a challenge at the beginning. Lack of finance has also posed some constraints.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Many young people have great ideas but finance is always a stumbling block, what is your advice on this issue?
Amarachi: Start with what you have and improvise where necessary. Don't let lack of funds kill your drive. Be your own motivator. When the planning for PRICELESS Conference,2019 began, I had just 5000 naira for a program that was intended to distribute over 150 books at the cost of #600 each among other things. I wasn't intimidated by the fact that there wasn't enough money. I trusted that God would provide. I continued planning and seeking for support.


  PROJECT_INSPIRE:How have you been able to raise funds?
Amarachi:When Priceless Conferences began, I used my personal funds. Subsequently, I had to reached out to those within my circle of influence. I have also explored social media to my advantage.


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Could you share with us some experiences you have had in course of reaching out to young people that has really impacted you?
 Amarachi:Each time I talk to teenagers, I feel strengthened. At one time I was to have a session with teenage boys as a part time mentor in Mould Africa, I was so tired but, immediately I started to talk, I felt strength instantly inside of me.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What are your prospects in the next 5-10 years?
Amarachi: We will establish a school where the total developmental needs of teenagers can be met. The intent is to ensure that teenagers are well-equipped and prepared for adulthood.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What do you think has been the major cause of unemployment amongst youths today and how can we get rid of this?
 Amarachi: Many people are just waiting for jobs to appear suddenly from the blues. Young people must not be idle. While you're waiting for your dream job, get yourself occupied. Learn a skill or be involved in a trade. I have fried groundnut, sold bananas and zobo to make ends meet. I am better today than I started.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What would you say is the major role of youths in our national development process?
 Amarachi: Every youth should discover what they need to do first for themselves. That discovery will ultimately lead them to contributing to national development.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: How can you be reached on social media for those who want to be part of what you are doing?
Amarachi:Amarachi Peace Nwokenkwo on Facebook and Priceless-Amara on Instagram.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Whats your parting words to Nigerian youths?
Amarachi:Dear youths keep up with all you do to make this country better, it will pay off soon. Do not close your minds to opportunities, work out your character, be open minded. God will not come down to do certain things for you he uses men to do it. Despise no man. I am not even there yet but human relationships have helped a lot.

  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Thank you for sharing your story with us and we do pray that many will be inspired as they read.
Amarachi: Thank you so much for having me.


  Many thanks to our guest editor Ibeh Miracle .



 Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @BUSAOSOWO FOUNDATION Email: bofinitiatives@gmail.com WhatsApp:+2349038632847

Comments

  1. Amarachi is very energetic and inspiring young who I have worked with in several of my NGO works. Very committed to her dealings and as the CEO of Macversity, I sure will say, she deserves this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amarachi, I am proud of your kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am inspired Amarachi, thank you for making the society a better place. we have same passion and I believe we can work together to make every teen to be relevant.
    I am Moyinoluwa Gold, founder,GoldHeart Foundation For Teens And Orphans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Allo Talk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project Inspire Africa With Gift Siagumpa

With the leadership deficit in Africa,Gift Siagumpa has refused to sit on the sidelines and complain. He started the Master-Mind Leadership Foundation to help raise the next generation of Zambian leaders. In this interview with Project Inspire Africa, Gift shares the joy and struggles in his journey. Can we meet you? My name is Gift Siagumpa, aged 34, Zambian and I enjoy writing, networking in the quest to learn more from others and providing solutions to societal problems. Tell us briefly your childhood experience. As a child , I was privileged to be provided with the basics of life including a good education from one of the best schools in my time. I was also privileged to have parents who were involved in my life. My father was very intentional about parenting. He used to schedule coaching sessions with me and lived out what he taught. He is my biggest inspiration. What’s your educational background?  I began my education journey at Maamba Private School, that is, from Pre-school

Project-Inspire Interview With Mary Essien

There are thousands of low-income families living in rural areas and slums in the midst of our nation’s economic realities; one can only wonder how such families manage to survive, care for basic needs before thinking about education and pursuing dreams. An active Nigerian youth,Mary Essien, envisioned these difficulties and is taking action to solve them through interventions. In this interview with Project-Inspire, she shares about her work and the progress made so far. PROJECT_INSPIRE : Can we meet you? Mary : My name is Mary Fidelis Essien, an indigene of Akwa-Ibom State.I am 26-years-old, a Private Home Tutor, NGO Leader and entrepreneur.I am the Creative Director at Pearls Perfumerie, a brand that deals with perfume oils and body mist. I also head Mayree's Nuts a brand supplying freshly roasted groundnuts. To cap it all, I am the Executive Director of The Heartmenders Foundation; a non-profit organization that caters for the need of the less privileged, youths, nursing mother

PROJECT INSPIRE AFRICA SPEAKS WITH UBALDA MENSAH

From empowering young girls with vocational skills to improving the standard of schools in ghana, Ubalda Mensah is on a mission to empower the next generation of girls to take responsibility for their lives and contribute to nation building. In this interview with project Inspire Africa,Ubalda shares her story. Can we meet you? My name is Ubalda Mensah, 22-years-old citizen of Ghana and I love to travel   Tell us briefly your childhood experience. Growing up, I did not have the opportunity to get things on a silver platter. This in a way put some form of pressure on me to strive to be excellent in all I do. There was no room to fool around although I had the freedom to. My parents prioritized education and did their best to give me a solid foundation academically.   What’s your educational background? I began my academic journey at H&E Educational Centre before moving on to Aggrey Memorial A.M.E Zion Senior High School. I am currently an undergraduate at the Un