Skip to main content

PROJECT-INSPIRE SPEAKS WITH MIBI OJEWALE




From taking little steps to put smiles on the faces of the children in her street, OLUWAFUNMILOMOTODARABI OJEWALE's (MIBI) passion has blossomed into an organization that has blessed the lives of over 20,000 young people. We are glad to introduce Mibi as Project-Inspire's Changemaker of the month.



PROJECT_INSPIRE: Can we meet you?
  Mibi :My name is Mibi Ojewale. Mibi is short for OLUWAFUNMILOMOTODARABI. I am first a daughter of God who does his work through Adlai Heroes Foundation, a non-profit organization. I also double as an events producer for John Mary and Party. I love God, children and ice-cream. I am very passionate about humanitarian services (like volunteering to help those in need). My hobbies are events production and styling. It's also safe to say that I am very proactive, kind and passionate about helping others. I hate injustice and cheating.



  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Tell us about your childhood?
  Mibi: I had a fun and memorable childhood. I actually had one of the best experiences growing up as a child. Although I was quite a stubborn and difficult child, I am glad that God gave me parents who could cope and help me become a better person. I'm from a family of seven (my parents, 3 brothers, 1 sister and my lovely self). I grew up in Ilasamaja with my parents, made friends, celebrated my birthdays, went on family trips etc. My future ambition was a funny one and like most kids, I wanted to be a nurse, then a doctor and finally a surgeon (smiles). 


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What is your educational background like?
  Mibi: I attended University of Lagos Staff School for my primary education. I spent the first three years of my secondary school education at Bethel Comprehensive College, Mushin and went on to finsh at Remo Divisional High School, Sagamu, Ogun State. I finshed secondary school in the year 2009, after two unsuccessful attempts to gain admission into tertiary institution, I opted to go for a pre-degree program at Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta for a year, after which I took JAMB again and got admitted into the same school to study Agricultural Administration. I graduated in 2017 after 5 years (minus the time taken away by strike actions). 


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What are your contributions towards making Nigeria a better place?
  Mibi : I have been volunteering for as long as I can remember and after a while,I founded Adlai Heroes Foundation. At Adlai,we have committed ourselves to building a better generation of leaders, through:
 -Mentorship programs
 -Educational and medical scholarships
 -Provision of basic physical and emotional needs
 -Counselling sessions and Pep talks
 -Luxury parties for the underserved members of the society. At Adlai, we work to create a safe haven for children and teenagers all over the world through provision of their basic mental, emotional, spiritual and financial needs( irrespective of social strata) and bridge the gap between the haves and the haves not. In all the events we host,we make it a priority to create an atmosphere where children can come together without fear of discrimination or intimidation. We haven't fallen short of this goal by God's grace. 


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What motivated you into doing what you are doing?
  Mibi :It started as a hobby. I have always loved kids and desired to make them comfortable and meet their needs irrespective of their background. I have done things like taking children to parks, buying snacks for street children and sewing new dresses for kids who I thought didn't have fine clothes. I have done all these on a small scale until sometime in 2017 when the Holy Spirit said it was time to reach more people through an official platform and even though at the time I thought I was just been spontaneous, that birthed Adlai Heroes Foundation. 


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What has been your achievements?
  Mibi : Since inception in 2017,over 20,000 persons have benefited from our medical and academic scholarship schemes,food and clothes drive. We are currently active in four states with more grounds to cover.


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What has been your major challenge since you began your non-profit organization?
  Mibi :Two major challenges I have had to deal with are: fundraising for the execution of projects and getting team members to actively participate in the organization's vision. 


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: . Many young people have great ideas but the finances are always a stumbling block, what will your advice be in this regard?
  Mibi :Finances is usually a stumbling block but what I would tell anyone genuinely interested in bringing about true change is this 'start with what you have’. People are usually drawn to what you do if they see your consistency and dedication. When I started out, I had no clue about where funds were going to come from but I was sure that with the passion I had, I wouldn't get stuck. Also,develop fundraising ideas, write proposals and keep at it even if you get rejected. 


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: How have you been able to raise money for your projects?
  Mibi :We have been able to raise money for our projects through individual contributions of team members, donations from individuals and corporate organizations. 


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What would you say is the major role of youths in our national development process?
  Mibi : I believe that youths are the brainbox of our nation. We should therefore continue to brainstorm and come up with innovative ideas that can contribute to shaping our history positively. We need to constantly renew our minds. Only reformed minds can reform a society. 


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What are your prospects for the next 5- 10?
 Mibi : I envision Adlai to be fully operational with centres/offices in all 36 states of Nigeria and then to other African nations. 


PROJECT_INSPIRE: Final words to the Nigerian youth.
  Mibi :Learn from your mistakes, don't lean on them.


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Thank you Mibi for sharing your story with. We do hope and pray that many will be inspired to action as they read. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project-Inspire Interview With Mary Essien

There are thousands of low-income families living in rural areas and slums in the midst of our nation’s economic realities; one can only wonder how such families manage to survive, care for basic needs before thinking about education and pursuing dreams. An active Nigerian youth,Mary Essien, envisioned these difficulties and is taking action to solve them through interventions. In this interview with Project-Inspire, she shares about her work and the progress made so far. PROJECT_INSPIRE : Can we meet you? Mary : My name is Mary Fidelis Essien, an indigene of Akwa-Ibom State.I am 26-years-old, a Private Home Tutor, NGO Leader and entrepreneur.I am the Creative Director at Pearls Perfumerie, a brand that deals with perfume oils and body mist. I also head Mayree's Nuts a brand supplying freshly roasted groundnuts. To cap it all, I am the Executive Director of The Heartmenders Foundation; a non-profit organization that caters for the need of the less privileged, youths, nursing mother

Project Inspire Africa With Gift Siagumpa

With the leadership deficit in Africa,Gift Siagumpa has refused to sit on the sidelines and complain. He started the Master-Mind Leadership Foundation to help raise the next generation of Zambian leaders. In this interview with Project Inspire Africa, Gift shares the joy and struggles in his journey. Can we meet you? My name is Gift Siagumpa, aged 34, Zambian and I enjoy writing, networking in the quest to learn more from others and providing solutions to societal problems. Tell us briefly your childhood experience. As a child , I was privileged to be provided with the basics of life including a good education from one of the best schools in my time. I was also privileged to have parents who were involved in my life. My father was very intentional about parenting. He used to schedule coaching sessions with me and lived out what he taught. He is my biggest inspiration. What’s your educational background?  I began my education journey at Maamba Private School, that is, from Pre-school

PROJECT INSPIRE AFRICA SPEAKS WITH UBALDA MENSAH

From empowering young girls with vocational skills to improving the standard of schools in ghana, Ubalda Mensah is on a mission to empower the next generation of girls to take responsibility for their lives and contribute to nation building. In this interview with project Inspire Africa,Ubalda shares her story. Can we meet you? My name is Ubalda Mensah, 22-years-old citizen of Ghana and I love to travel   Tell us briefly your childhood experience. Growing up, I did not have the opportunity to get things on a silver platter. This in a way put some form of pressure on me to strive to be excellent in all I do. There was no room to fool around although I had the freedom to. My parents prioritized education and did their best to give me a solid foundation academically.   What’s your educational background? I began my academic journey at H&E Educational Centre before moving on to Aggrey Memorial A.M.E Zion Senior High School. I am currently an undergraduate at the Un