Skip to main content

Project_Inspire with Kehinde Emmanuel

Driven by the passion to see children in low income communities access quality education, Kehinde Emmanuel began The Acalypha Child Care Initiative to support the dreams of children to start and finish school. In this interview with Project_Inspire,Kehinde tells his story of changing one life at a time.


PROJECT_INSPIRE: Can we meet you?
  Kehinde :My name is Kehinde Emmanuel Oyeleye. Chief Executive Officer, The Acalypha Child Care Initiative


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Tell us about your childhood? 
  Kehinde: I am a twin, born into a christian family of 5 children. I am from Ondo State, Nigeria.


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What is your educational background like? 
  Kehinde :I attended Confidence Academy, Ibadan and Steadfast Comprehensive College for my primary and secondary school education. I am a graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University and currently pursuing a Master’s Degree in Public Administration in the same institution.


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What contribution are you giving to make Nigeria a better place?
  Kehinde :I have since my childhood been committed to serving people especially those of my immediate environment. This has been a culture instilled by my parent. Volunteering as far back as 2012 in ranging capacities. However, through my led Initiative The Acalypha Child Care Initiative, I have alongside my team of Volunteers reached out to over 15,000 children across 20 communities in 9 states and the FCT.


     PROJECT_INSPIRE: What motivated you into doing what you are doing
  Kehinde : There’s a deep longing in my soul to reach out to children and the work we do at Acalypha Child Care Initiative is how that longing found expression.


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Tell us more about your Initiative and its impacts
  Kehinde : The name of my Initiative is Acalypha Child Care Initiative. It is a non governmental organization with a mission to restore hope to children living in low income communities through educational sponsorship, advocacy and charity. We are focused on the SDGs 3,4 &17. Some of our campaign include Career Awareness School Tour, My Body is My Body (focused on sensitizing young children on body safety and child abuse), Safe Flow campaign (hinged on menstrual Hygiene awareness), Oral Health Campaign (Sensitization and Oral Check up), AcaClothing Project (aimed at providing fairly used clothes for children living in low income communities) and the Kit Up A Child campaign ( which is aimed at providing school uniforms, school sandals, school bags and stationary items for children). We have a workforce of two hundred and thirty-eight Volunteers network coverage across 6 states of the Southwest and the FCT. 


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What has been your major challenge since you began your non-profit organization? 
  Kehinde : One of the major challenge we face has been the place of volunteers management and particularly funding for projects. 


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: How have you been able to raise fund for your organization?
  Kehinde : Relationships they say are advantageous connections. I would say we thrive in our funding through relationships with our volunteers, partners, executives and Board of Trustees. 


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Share with us one or two experiences that you have had in your journey that has really impacted you.
  Kehinde : I would likely refer to the story of a young child I met at Ikire in 2019 at our Kit Up A Child Campaign. The boy came bare footed, with torn uniforms. The boy went back home fully kit. It felt so good to see that child in his new look. A similar experience occurred in 2018 where I served as a Corp Member in Buruku, Benue State. We took The Kit Up A Child Campaign to that community and provided uniforms and stationeries to over 200 children. After that event, everybody in the community kept talking about our Initiative and eventually, I was nominated for two awards by the NYSC Board. I still get goosebumps when I think of these experiences.


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What are your prospects for the next 5- 10 years? 
  Kehinde : We look forward to build an Institute(technological innovations its core) that will provide quality education for children living in low income communities. We also hope to build international partnerships that will strengthen the work we are already doing. 


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What do you think has been the major cause of unemployment among youths today and how can we get of this? 
  Kehinde : The problem of unemployment is worrisome and multifaceted.However,the situation is this bad because of ineffective government. I am of the opinion that if we fix power, unemployment in Nigeria will drastically reduce. 


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: What do you think is the role of youths in national development?
  Kehinde :The role of youth is beyond twitter spaces and social media gallivanting. It's our intentionality in grassroot mobilization and engagement of men and resources towards national development and economic transformation that can deliver the results we want. 


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: How can you be reached on social media.
  Kehinde :Facebook/LinkedIn: The Acalypha Child Care Initiative Twitter/IG @theacalyphachildcareinitiative


  PROJECT_INSPIRE: Final words to the Nigerian youth.
  Kehinde : My final words to all youth is to sustain the attitude of honor and respect for all people regardless of gender, nationality, economic status, political affiliationh or religion.


PROJECT_INSPIRE: Thank you for sharing with us.
  Kehinde:Thank you too for having me.



Follow Busaosowo Foundation:







Visit our website at: www.busaosowofoundation.org



Comments

  1. Weldon boss, you're such an inspiration. I want to be like you when I grow up. More grace sir...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project Inspire Africa With Gift Siagumpa

With the leadership deficit in Africa,Gift Siagumpa has refused to sit on the sidelines and complain. He started the Master-Mind Leadership Foundation to help raise the next generation of Zambian leaders. In this interview with Project Inspire Africa, Gift shares the joy and struggles in his journey. Can we meet you? My name is Gift Siagumpa, aged 34, Zambian and I enjoy writing, networking in the quest to learn more from others and providing solutions to societal problems. Tell us briefly your childhood experience. As a child , I was privileged to be provided with the basics of life including a good education from one of the best schools in my time. I was also privileged to have parents who were involved in my life. My father was very intentional about parenting. He used to schedule coaching sessions with me and lived out what he taught. He is my biggest inspiration. What’s your educational background?  I began my education journey at Maamba Private School, that is, from Pre-school

Project-Inspire Interview With Mary Essien

There are thousands of low-income families living in rural areas and slums in the midst of our nation’s economic realities; one can only wonder how such families manage to survive, care for basic needs before thinking about education and pursuing dreams. An active Nigerian youth,Mary Essien, envisioned these difficulties and is taking action to solve them through interventions. In this interview with Project-Inspire, she shares about her work and the progress made so far. PROJECT_INSPIRE : Can we meet you? Mary : My name is Mary Fidelis Essien, an indigene of Akwa-Ibom State.I am 26-years-old, a Private Home Tutor, NGO Leader and entrepreneur.I am the Creative Director at Pearls Perfumerie, a brand that deals with perfume oils and body mist. I also head Mayree's Nuts a brand supplying freshly roasted groundnuts. To cap it all, I am the Executive Director of The Heartmenders Foundation; a non-profit organization that caters for the need of the less privileged, youths, nursing mother

PROJECT INSPIRE AFRICA SPEAKS WITH UBALDA MENSAH

From empowering young girls with vocational skills to improving the standard of schools in ghana, Ubalda Mensah is on a mission to empower the next generation of girls to take responsibility for their lives and contribute to nation building. In this interview with project Inspire Africa,Ubalda shares her story. Can we meet you? My name is Ubalda Mensah, 22-years-old citizen of Ghana and I love to travel   Tell us briefly your childhood experience. Growing up, I did not have the opportunity to get things on a silver platter. This in a way put some form of pressure on me to strive to be excellent in all I do. There was no room to fool around although I had the freedom to. My parents prioritized education and did their best to give me a solid foundation academically.   What’s your educational background? I began my academic journey at H&E Educational Centre before moving on to Aggrey Memorial A.M.E Zion Senior High School. I am currently an undergraduate at the Un